This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [rfa:] Save/restore bug for section info in elf_object_p.
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Subject: Re: [rfa:] Save/restore bug for section info in elf_object_p.
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:07:12 +1100 (EST)
- cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> However, elf_object_p has bugs when getting no-match signalled as late as
> from elf_backend_object_p, visible when it is called multiple times, both
> with failure-then-success and vice versa. It boils down to that sections
> are blindly linked into abfd, and are not restored on error. Note that
> with and without this patch, there is a perceived memory leak in case of
> multiple recognized formats, but as mentioned, that'd be ambiguous format
> recognition, an error situation.
Does this fix go far enough? ie. Are there other things in the bfd that
should be restored on a failure? Would it be safer to make a copy of the
bfd, and restore the whole thing on a mis-match? If you have considered
these issues, I have no objection to you committing your patch.
Linuxcare. Support for the Revolution.