This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
SOM patch for weak syms
- To: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: SOM patch for weak syms
- From: Alan Modra <alan at linuxcare dot com dot au>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:35:40 +1100 (EST)
- cc: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
I commited this patch a few moments ago at Steve's request, then poked
around a little and realized that we have a competing patch from clm
Tue Jun 13 20:58:28 2000 that has the same intent. Yes, I should have
checked more thoroughly first :-(
That said, I like Steve's patch better. Reason: A .weak after a .export
undoes the BSF_GLOBAL flag. So, we can probably undo the Jun 13 patch.
* som.c (som_bfd_derive_misc_symbol_info): Make weak symbols
global by default.
Linuxcare. Support for the Revolution.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/bfd/som.c,v
retrieving revision 1.13
diff -u -p -r1.13 som.c
--- som.c 2000/09/14 01:33:46 1.13
+++ som.c 2000/09/26 01:18:43
@@ -4069,7 +4069,8 @@ som_bfd_derive_misc_symbol_info (abfd, s
of common symbols was handled earlier! */
if (bfd_is_und_section (sym->section))
info->symbol_scope = SS_UNSAT;
- else if (sym->flags & BSF_EXPORT && ! bfd_is_com_section (sym->section))
+ else if (sym->flags & (BSF_EXPORT | BSF_WEAK)
+ && ! bfd_is_com_section (sym->section))
info->symbol_scope = SS_UNIVERSAL;
/* Anything else which is not in the common section has scope