This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] bfd [pei]: do not set empty DataDirectory entries
- To: paul-ml at is dot lg dot ua
- Subject: Re: [patch] bfd [pei]: do not set empty DataDirectory entries
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:33:44 -0400
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <email@example.com>
Could you redo the patch so that there isn't an assignment inside the
if condition? I find the way you did it hard to read, as they always
look like typos (gcc even warns about it). For the first part of the
diff, I'd use a separate conditional after the existing assignments,
and for the second, I'd add the test for pei_section_data (abfd,
sec)->virt_size to the existing conditional.
Also, when generating patches on windows, use a cygwin-aware patch
program redirected to a binary mount so that the file names have POSIX
syntax and the ^Ms are removed. While I can work around this problem
when applying the patch, it's annoying.
Otherwise, the logic of the patch looks OK.