This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas 2.10.91 from 20000920 cvs is broken under hpux 10.20
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: gas 2.10.91 from 20000920 cvs is broken under hpux 10.20
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:53:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: alan at linuxcare dot com dot au, binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, dhd at linuxcare dot com
> > I raised this point because I thought it might be a mistake for the assembl
> > er
> > not to make all branches with R_PCREL_CALL. At the present time, short
> > branches appear to be built directly by the assembler and don't have any
> > relocation data. To find these, the linker would have to scan the actual
> > code around an addil that was being removed.
> It isn't a mistake to the best of my knowledge -- it already has to scan
> the code to find the %r1 uses, pc-relative conditional branches and the
Yes, it seems ok. I just did a gcc bootstrap with -Wl,-O.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)