Re: elf32-hppa shared lib support part 4

   Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:24:32 +1100 (EST)
   From: Alan Modra <alan@linuxcare.com.au>

   Thanks Ian.  I'll commit the following to fix it then.

I think that routines in BFD should not call exit.  They should return
an indication of failure.  The caller should decide what to do on
failure.

That is why BFD routines do not call xmalloc.  It is also why (at
least at one time) they did not call alloca--because on some platforms
alloca calls xmalloc.

There is no other reasonable way for a library to behave.  There are
people who use the BFD library other than gdb and the binutils.

Ian