This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A relocation problem in shared objects for SH
- To: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: A relocation problem in shared objects for SH
- From: kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:28:04 +0900
- References: <200009180646.XAA00959@shell14.ba.best.com>
Toshi Morita <email@example.com> wrote:
> The elf32-sh supports both REL and RELA relocation types, because
> binutils generates one (REL I think) and Hitachi SHC generates the
> other (RELA, I think).
Now I understand the secret :-)
> If you remove support for one of the types, it may create
> problems when linking with Hitachi SHC created object files.
I don't want to change the behavior of elf32-sh. I'm talking about
elf32-sh-linux only which is fortunately free from any binary
compatibility problem. Of course, there may be another difficulties
to do so.