This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A relocation problem in shared objects for SH
- To: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: A relocation problem in shared objects for SH
- From: kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:20:53 +0900
- References: <20000917151715.B19382@cygnus.com>
Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 11:24:04AM +0900, kaz Kojima wrote:
> > elf32-sh.c is used for COFF too and COFF relocs don't use the addend.
> I don't see that. I see
> There is a lot of duplication here between this code and the COFF
> specific code.
> In any case, if you're going to do silly things with memory,
> I think you're better off using REL relocations instead.
Alexandre Oliva has given a solution for the original problem.
Anyway, the current elf32-sh.c uses RELA and in place relocation
as the above comment. I don't know why, but there may be such
requests when Ian wrote it.
Maybe, elf32-sh-lin.c should be rewrote so as to use only pure REL
(or RELA) relocations as your suggestion.
Thank you for your advice.