This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A visibility patch for ELF/PPC
- To: hjl at valinux dot com
- Subject: Re: A visibility patch for ELF/PPC
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:16:16 -0700
- CC: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, loewis at informatik dot hu-berlin dot de
- References: <20000819174857.A29121@valinux.com> <200009142159.OAA14671@geoffk.org> <20000914223813.B29822@valinux.com>
> Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:38:13 -0700
> From: "H . J . Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
> Content-Disposition: inline
> User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 02:59:18PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> > > Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 17:48:57 -0700
> > > From: "H . J . Lu" <email@example.com>
> > > Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> > > ELF/PPC needs this patch to pass "make check" in elf from glibc 2.1.92.
> > > I don't know enough about ELF/PPC to be sure if it is 100% correct.
> > > Any comments?
> > There are three places in ppc_elf_relocate section where the test
> > appears, and the patch changes one of them. I'm seeing what happens
> > when I change all three now...
> This is in my current binutils which Linux/PPC has been using.
I am now sure this patch is wrong. It may work by chance.
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>