This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: A relocation problem in shared objects for SH
- To: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: A relocation problem in shared objects for SH
- From: kaz Kojima <kkojima at rr dot iij4u dot or dot jp>
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:24:04 +0900
- References: <20000914185635.B12055@cygnus.com>
Richard Henderson <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 07:41:36AM +0900, kaz Kojima wrote:
>> 0002eae4 00101 R_SH_DIR32 00000000 .text 0002e760
>> Here, 2e760(addend) + 1fa0(rel value in memory) is the correct address...
>If you've got RelA relocations, why are you looking at the contents
>of the memory at all? That's just kitten-eating wrong.
elf32-sh.c is used for COFF too and COFF relocs don't use the addend.
It makes our situation complex. There are some comments in elf32-sh.c
about this which I can find them by grepping the word COFF.