This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
ld and relocatable vs. absolute
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: ld and relocatable vs. absolute
- From: "Chuck Meade" <chuckmeade at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:20:36 -0400
- Reply-To: <chuckmeade at yahoo dot com>
Several linkers (including Diab and Green Hills) support the
creation of a fully-linked executable image that at the same
time retains relocation information, allowing it to be
relocated to a dynamically determined memory address at load
time by an on-target loader.
Such an image would not have unresolved references, it would
just be relocatable.
I would like to be able to accomplish the same with ld for
PowerPC. Has anyone out there done this? Any tips?
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com