Re: Questions on binutils for mips64vr4300-elf target

Hi Ling,

> I applied binutils2.10 release, egcs-2000-5-30 snapshot and gdb5.0. After
> successfully run through the process to build the toolchain. I tried to test
> them on my NEC MIPS VR4373 evaltion board, after I downloaded the code via
> serial port, I can not even break at main(), since the debugger complains
> "Cannot access memory at address 0x0".

I have never tested gdb on MIPS64.  It probably has some issues.

> Basically my question is if this the the linker problem from binutils2.10,
> and is there anyone who successfully use MIPS64 cross platform, can you
> kindly tell me what version of binutil, gcc and gdb that you use?

It doesn't work well.  In particular gas is very broken for MIPS64.
You can probably get GCC to work.  The linker should work quite well,
at least for statically linked binaries.  I have some rather old
MIPS64 patches for gas around.

Ulf