Re: Make `objdump --help' a bit more GNUish

   Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:24:03 -0700
   From: Nick Clifton <nickc@cygnus.com>

   Hi Mark,

   : 2000-07-11  Mark Kettenis  <kettenis@gnu.org>
   :
   : 	* objdump.c (usage): Make output of `objdump --help' more
   : 	consistent with the rest of the GNU world.  Add a line describing
   : 	the purpose of the program.  Omit printing the program name when
   : 	listing the supported targets.

   This patch is basically OK, except for the removal of the program name
   when listing the supported targets.  Some tools (eg libtool) depend
   upon being able to parse the target list in the output of --help.
   (This may not be true for binutils, but it certainly is true for ld.
   Take a look at the comment at the end of help() in ld/lexsup.c). So
   for consistency's sake, I would suggest that we leave the program name
   in.

Checked in now (sans removal of the program name from the list of
targets).

Mark