Re: [patch] binary file endianness

> Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:37:57 +0300
> From: Momchil Velikov <velco@fadata.bg>
> CC: binutils@sourceware.cygnus.com

> --------------F6ABF9D9DAFACD4FF72FE2C7
>
> Geoff Keating wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't it instead check to see whether the endianness is unknown?
> >
> > You still don't want to be linking a little-endian COFF with a
> > big-endian ELF, I think.
>
> Indeed. Here's the revised patch.
>
> How about removing the inline checks for endianness
> and calling _bfd_generic_verify_endian_match() instead ?

Yes, please do this.  Having repeated chunks of code is bad.

Also, could I ask you to fix the localisation problem in
_bfd_generic_verify_endian_match?  It should look like the version in
elf32-ppc.h, where each string is separate.  The reason for this is
that in some languages, it may be necessary to change more than one
place in the string to change between 'big' and 'little'.

In any case, the patch is good.  Thanks!

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>