making ld2

Hi,

   I am compiling an application on host Solaris,
and target powerpc-elf.
   For linking, collect2 is invoked which invokes
powerpc-elf-ld. It gives errors like :-

abc.o(.data+0x04): undefined reference to `global
constructors keyed to ABC::f1(void)'

  Please give me some idea as to why such errors
are there; even when .o file with definition of
ABC::f1() is linked.

   Another Question :-
What is ld2 and how to compile ld2 using binutils ?

I tried making ld2 using binutils-2.9.1. The problem
is that it uses ld-new (cross-linker) for making ld2
while ld2 should be host binary (not a target-binary).
What are extra-features in ld2 not there in ld ?

  Are above problems there because I am not using ld2?

Thanks for your time,

With regards,
Piyush