- Current status
Build and test results
- Nios II
- PowerPC (32-bit soft-float)
- PowerPC (32-bit hard-float)
- PowerPC (64-bit hard-float)
- PowerPC64LE (64-bit hard-float)
- RISC-V (rv64imac/lp64)
- RISC-V (rv64imafdc/lp64)
- RISC-V (rv64imafdc/lp64d)
- S/390 (32-bit)
- S/390 (64-bit)
- SPARC (32-bit)
- SPARC (64-bit)
- x86 (32-bit, Linux)
- x86_64 (64-bit, Linux)
- x86_64 (x32, Linux)
- x86 (32-bit, Hurd)
- Packaging Changes
1. Current status
The release branch of glibc-2.29 is planned for release on 2019-02-01 and is currently in development.
The ref structure of this branch is:
- release/2.29/master: main branch
- glibc-2.29.N: revision releases tagged out of release/2.29/master
These people are interested in contents and further revisions tagged on the branch:
The general policies for release branches apply to this branch. Do you think a certain bugfix should be included in this branch?
- Is the fix committed in master? It has to be, unless it's not applicable to master (e.g. code has been rewritten meantime).
- Do you have commit permissions? If so, go ahead if you think it's reasonably safe. break;
- Can you handle Git yourself? Then you can clone the glibc repository, cherry-pick the appropriate fixes, push your branch out and send a pull request at libc-alpha. break;
- Add the glibc_2.29 keyword to the appropriate bug report.
- If there is no appropriate bug report, send a request for the fix to be included to libc-alpha.
A revision release is tagged either when some critical bug-fix appears, or after some period of real-world testing, usually mainly in some SUSE distribution branch (but other distributions are welcome to run latest release/2.29/master as well, more so if they tell me about it!).
What things do we want to accomplish this release?
2.1. Release blockers?
2.2. Desirable this release?
3. Build and test results
Describe build and test issues for each architecture, or confirm a clean build with no testsuite failures. The list below is not a complete list of ABI variants; testing should try to cover the different ABI variants as far as possible.
Build system: UNAME -a, GCC?, Binutils?, Kernel ?
TRIMMED LIST OF FAILURES.
3.10. Nios II
3.11. PowerPC (32-bit soft-float)
3.12. PowerPC (32-bit hard-float)
3.13. PowerPC (64-bit hard-float)
3.14. PowerPC64LE (64-bit hard-float)
3.15. RISC-V (rv64imac/lp64)
3.16. RISC-V (rv64imafdc/lp64)
3.17. RISC-V (rv64imafdc/lp64d)
3.18. S/390 (32-bit)
3.19. S/390 (64-bit)
3.21. SPARC (32-bit)
3.22. SPARC (64-bit)
3.23. x86 (32-bit, Linux)
3.24. x86_64 (64-bit, Linux)
3.25. x86_64 (x32, Linux)
3.26. x86 (32-bit, Hurd)
4. Packaging Changes
4.1. Change 1
Describe any distribution packing changes that may be required.
4.2. Change 2
And another change.