We would like to be able to access an attached process from any thread in the
process that did the attaching, not necesarily from the same thread that did the
Now all ptrace requests are run through the same ptrace thread instead of
through different ones - fixed in CVS by a workaround.
2006-06-15 Mike Cvet <email@example.com>
* Ptrace.java: Re-written to now perform all ptrace requests on a
separate thread, to address #2595. The parent thread is always running
and any children created or attaches to other processes are performed
transparently on the ptrace thread which will continue to run after the
very first ptrace request.
* Ptrace.java: Re-written to satisfy the new requirements for Ptrace.java,
specifically satisfying all requests with the new java ptrace thread.
* Wait.cxx: Via #2774, double status returns via waitpid() have to be
* TestCallPtrace.java: Added - Unit test for new Ptrace.java
* TestLib.java: Added
* TestLib.cxx: Added
* Errno.java: Made Errno understand (int err, String prefix) parameters
* Errno.cxx: Added new function with the above parameters for returning