RFCv2: debuginfod debian archive support

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Dec 5 12:17:00 GMT 2019

Hi Kurt and Matthias,

On Mon, 2019-12-02 at 17:54 -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> On second thought, generalized the code & terminology.  This may be
> ready for merging, except that it'd be awesome if a
> debian/ubuntu-literate person could create some test .deb/.ddeb files
> matching the tests/debuginfod-rpms.  (cc:'d some maintainers there in
> hope they might have the time.)  Hand-testing here looks okay.

Would you be able to show how to build a minimal (separate) debuginfo
package for Debian and/or Ubunutu? For rpm based systems we use the
attached self contained spec file that creates two nearly identical
hello programs to test any issues with duplicate name/debug/DWARF, it
also tests dwz multi files (if you use those on Debian or Ubuntu). To
(re)create the binary test packages for a different arch one would
simply run rpmbuild -ba hello2.spec.

How would one build a similar binary deb package (and the debuginfo
subpackages) on a Debian/Ubuntu system?

Thanks,

Mark