patch 1/2 debuginfod client

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Thu Nov 21 14:02:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, 2019-11-20 at 08:29 -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
> > But it isn't just about interference with other libcurl activity.
> > If
> > you look at the curl_global_init code you see that it actually
> > calls
> > a lot of code in other libraries. It is the curl_global_init code
> > that shouldn't be run in a multi-threaded environment. That it is
> > acceptable to others doesn't immediately make it safe to use in our
> > case. [...]
>
> OK, I guess.  Such concerns would be even better directed at the
> libraries that libcurl is using internally.

Yes, but we don't really control those code bases.
We don't even know against which libraries libcurl will be build.
Debian for example provide various alternative libcurl libraries.
libcurl4-openssl, libcurl4-nss, libcurl4-gnutls.

> > I assume you mean the second part. The attached is what I would
> > propose
> > for the first part. Do you think that is a bad idea?
>
> It's mostly harmless, so if you like it, go for it.

I added it to the debuginfod-submit branch.
Do note that you will want to rebase it to master again.
The tests now need the fixes by Andreas (commit be1ed9).

Cheers,