patch 3/3 debuginfod client interruptability

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Nov 15 16:16:00 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Mon, 2019-11-04 at 16:48 -0500, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> At the wise counsel of gdb folks such as <tromey> and <simark>:
>
>     debuginfod 3/3: client interruptability
>
>     For interactive clients such as gdb, interruptibility is important for
>     usability during longer downloads.  This patchset adds a
>     download-progress callback function to the debuginfod client library,
>     with which a caller app can interrupt a download as well as be
>     notified of its quantitative progress.

I have some concerns about this. It cannot be associated with a
particular debuginfod-find request. IMHO it should have an extra
argument to indicate which build-id and request type exec, debug or
source (+path) the progress/callback was for. Also this one global
progress/interruptable hook. Which means it cannot be used by e.g.
libdw and an application that uses both libdw and find-debuginfo
directly.

Cheers,