returning IXMLDOMNodeList node-set in msxml was RE: replace &lt; and &gt; with < and >

Dave Carlisle wrote:
>that isn't true though is it? In fact you give an example of one that
>does not, node-set().

That however is not a user-defined extension function.

Specifically I was thinking of extension functions written using
msxml:script. Working further on what I was hoping to do it turns out
that msxml:script shouldn't be able to return an object, that should
return a string. Thus the object does not get translated to a string, I
would have to translate the object to a string, then retranslate back.
As in the following warning: " Numbers are coerced to double, everything
is coerced into a string, and objects return an error."

For the reason that I want pointers to other dynamically evaluated
documents that do such stuff as make SOAP requests, contact databases
etc to be evaluated inline in my primary xml document the solution of
adding an object to the xslprocessor is just as unsatisfactory of
playing with escaped text(although I suppose more the 'right and proper
way') as I would have to preprocess the document. I suppose this is what
will have to be done.