Re: Unspecified

Hi Bryan
     I think you can try out in the following way:

<xsl:output method="text" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="elemA">
<xsl:for-each select="elemB/elemC[text() ='bar']">
<xsl:if test="position()=1">
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Cheers!!!
Munu

> Hi,
>

> I have an XML file with this structure:
>
> <elemA>
>     <elemB>
>         <elemC></elemC>
>         <elemC></elemC>
>         etc...
>    </elemB>
>    <elemB>
>         <elemC></elemC>
>         <elemC></elemC>
>         etc...
>    </elemB>
>    etc...
> </elemA>
>
> I am writing an XSL file to search it. I want to be able to search all of
> the <elemC> nodes for the occurrence of a searchstring - and, if an
<elemC>
> node matches the searchstring, to output the value of the first <elemC>
node
> of the <elemB> node that contains the matching <elemC> node. I hope that
> makes sense! I haven't been able yet to get the XSL to process each of
the
> <elemC> nodes of each of the <elemB> nodes systematically.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Bryan T
> Solicitec has been nominated for 4 awards in the 2002 LOTIES (In Brief
> magazine's legal office technology innovation awards) for Best legal
office
> technology supplier, Best legal office technology newcomer (for
> Visualfiles), Best fee-earner support system (for SolCase), Best legal
> office automation system (for SolCase).
>
> Your vote counts! So please, <a
> href="http://www.inbrief.co.uk/nomination.asp";>click here</a> and vote
for
> us.
>
> Email Disclaimer
>
> This Mail has been scanned for Viruses using the most up to date McAfee
> Virus Definitions.
>
> The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for
the
> addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
are
> not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or
> retention of any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have
> received this communication in error please notify us by email or by
> telephone 0113 2262000 and then delete the email and any copies of it.
The