From: Kirk Allen Evans [mailto:kaevans@xmlandasp.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 3:08 PM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] XLST Processors that support JavaScript

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com] On Behalf Of Ziv Friedman
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 9:09 AM
To: 'xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com'

> note that JavaScript is not supported by MSXML.NET

To clarify, there is no such thing as "MSXML.NET".  MSXML refers to
Microsoft's COM-based XML parser, which does not share any code with the
managed classes in .NET supporting XML.

And, yes, JavaScript extensions are supported in .NET, using the
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" namespace and the msxsl:script element.
In addition, .NET supports compiled extension objects through the
XsltArgumentList class. You can write these extensions in any .NET
managed language.

Kirk Allen Evans
http://www.xmlandasp.net
Author, "XML And ASP.NET", New Riders Publishing
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073571200X