Re: XSLT to summarise an XSLT

--- "Macaulay,Malcolm (US)" <Malcolm dot Macaulay2 at cnare dot com>
wrote:

> I'm toying with the idea of making an XSLT to summarise a XSLT. My
> problem is a I have oddles of XSLTs which have the following
> characteristics:
>
>  - lots of common templates pulled in by xsl:includes
>  - lots of 'procedure' type templates with many parameters
>  - lots of conditional logic
>
> For purposes of enhancing/checking the XSLTs I think there would be
> some merit in having an XSLT which could pull all templates into one
> summarised output. XSLT is unwelding when you have template calls
> with
> parameters. Multiple includes make it time-consuming to locate a
> template.
>
> I'm thinking the output would look something closer to procedural
> code
> like VB.
>
> Has anyone done anything along this line? Any ideas or suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.

There's a very nice feature of the XSelerator (which itself is what I
consider the best XSLT IDE) -- the Template Navigator. It displays a
graphical representation of the xsl:import/xsl:include hierarchy of a
given stylesheet. This is collapsible/expandable and allows to access
with a single mouse-click the code of any template of any
imported/included stylesheet. I haven't seen anything so cool.

Just download this beast and try it for yourself.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.