From: "Balaji Rajan" <basounda@cisco.com>
To: <XSL-List@lists.mulberrytech.com>
Subject: [xsl] Multiple Values/Arrays in XSL?
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:06:14 -0700

I've a simple survey questionaire (in XML), in which each question has
a few answer choices (I convert this XML to a HTML form):

Questions.xml:
<Questions>
   <Question_1>
      <Choice>R1</Choice>
      <Choice>R2</Choice>
      <Choice>R3</Choice>
      <Choice>R4</Choice>
  </Question_1>
   <Question_2>
      <Choice>R1</Choice>
      <Choice>R2</Choice>
      <Choice>R3</Choice>
      <Choice>R6</Choice>
  </Question_2>
</Questions>

An user can select one or more answers
for each question. I convert the answers to an XML format, as
shown below:

answers.xml:
<Answers>
   <Question_1>
      <Response>R1</Response>
      <Response>R2</Response>
  </Question_1>
   <Question_2>
      <Response>R3</Response>
      <Response>R6</Response>
  </Question_2>
</Answers>

I would like to have two variables, say x and y, in XSLT,
that would hold responses of Question 1 and 2.

In my XSL, I would like to code rules like:
If x in (R1, R2, R3, R5) and y = (R6) then
   <BR>Display some text back to the user

Can we do this in XSL?

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,