RE: Adding variables to the definitions tag

> Maybe this is a FAO, but I'll give it a try anyway...
>
> I'm using the <xsl:attribute> to add new namspaces to my
> definitions tag.

The spec explicitly says you can't do this. Namespace declarations are
not attributes in the XSLT data model.

 It works fine when I specify the namspace
> like this: <xsl:attribute name="xmlns:bla">"http://www.bla.org/bla";
> </xsl:attribute>

If it works fine, then your XSLT processor has a bug.

I would be interested to know why you are trying to add namespaces
dyamically. This is partly so that I can advise you how to solve your
problem, but it is also because the XML Query working group is currently
debating the requirements for creating namespaces in the result
document.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com