RE: displaying xml file styled with xsl within an external html file

Hello Tim

If you had a marker element to show where some transformed xml should go and
where it came from, eg <insertTransformedXML source="foo.xml"
style="bar.xsl"/>
then you could have a script run through your html, find these elements, do
the transformations they describe and replace them with the result.

There's probably an extension to xslt that would let you do this from within
another stylesheet, depending on your processor, but keeping things
text-based, eg using a perl script, say, might be quicker because there's no
need to parse the surrounding html. Of course, in this case you could have
any kind of marker you wanted, if it was distinct enough...

What environment are you doing this in?

Regards,
Tom