tags?

hi all.

Okay me is having a prob. I have an xsl page in which
some table tags used < and > I need to convert
those tags to < > for asp purposes. So I change all
the lt and gt tags and well now the thing aint
working. Printed the whole thing out to see if
everything is opened and closed correctly and it is.
Does xsl have boundaries as to when to use < > tags
and &lt; and &gt; tags? Make sense? can anyone please
help me? this is quite an emergency.

Meric beaucoup.