Docbook XSL Stylesheet question

With apologies for a "newbie" type question, though I've been reading as much on-line as possible, in my quest to merely take an XML instance that I created, based on DocBook (the instance validates with zero errors and all is well-formed), and apply a DocBook XSL Stylesheet to it for basic HTML rendering output.

I nabbed myself the latest from Sourceforge (docbook-xsl-1.51.1), and properly inserted a local XSL stylesheet reference at the top of my XML instance such as:

<?xml-stylesheet href = 'file:////myhomedir/docbook-
xsl-1.51.1/html/docbook.xsl' type = 'text/xsl'?>

Using the seemingly ever popular XML Spy (version 4.4), when I attempt to apply an XSL Transformation (to HTML) based on the aforementioned stylesheet reference, I receive an error stating that the Named template "object.id" does not exist in the stylesheet.

I've also tried another XML editor on a UNIX platform that appears to have a built-in XSL transformation engine based on sax (Turbo XML 2.3). This app also has a problem attempting to transform my XML instance based on the DocBook html/docbook.xsl.

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction? Are these transformation issues that need to be taken up with the respective XML editing application publishers (I.e., XML Spy), or have I fatally missed something in my understanding altogether?

Thanks for any help out there!

Cheers,

-Brendan