Identifing links in text

Hallo Everybody,

I need some way to identify a link like statement in a tagged piece of
text. To make it more clear
here is a small sample the XML code migth look like:

<entry>
 <keyword>Info</keyword>
 <text>Some amount of plain text. But inside may appear a
statement like this: http://www.some-server.com and this shall
be shown as a usual (blue) link in a browser.</text>
<entry>

I want the <text> to be shown in a web browser and the link to be a
clickable href.
I already tried to parse the text part and look for the 'http://' but
this way I can only
identify one link per <text> entry and the procedure is quite ugly
(substring(substring...).
Is there some generic (or at least some save way) to convert this link
like statement
to a href??
Any comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Raimund
--
DESY -MVP-
Notkestrasse 85