Re: Best practice question, regarding escaped entitiy declarations

Snow, Corey wrote:
> ... I
> wondered if it's considered a better way to go than outputting the Unicode
> £ (had to go and dig up this one at the unicode web site). My
> preference is to use the Unicode character directly, but I'm wondering if
> that leads to its own problems.

Use &#A3;. It must not cause problems in conforming XML tools.
Customize your favorite editor to use a shortcut key (preferrably
the keycap with the pound sign) or a tool bar to enter the
cumbersome number for you.
You could also use ISO-8859-1 and just enter the pound sign
directly.

J.Pietschmann