Re: EXSLT in ASP.NET?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan C. Dietrich" <jcdietrich@rogers.com>
To: <xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 3:39 AM
Subject: [xsl] EXSLT in ASP.NET?

> Is it possible for me to make use of the wonderful work being done at
> exslt.org in my projects that are built around ASP.NET? If so, may I
> have an example of how to implement it? Thanks a ton.

as an official reply,

the named  xslt templates should work fine, as they are not dependant on any
other function that is a 3rd party function or processor specific extension
( though some templates may use *other* EXSLT xslt templates ).

essentially, we embarked on the hope of creating pure xslt functions, but
due to limitations of XSLT 1.0, 1.1 or high use of certain 3rd party
functions ( such as the various nodeset functions ); we gave in to the fact
that initially there may be processor specific functions.

XSLT 2.0 draft, includes a load of functionality which some of the specific
EXSLT modules address. Maybe an EXSLT 2.0 version will be pure XSLT, who
knows; gotta wait for the spec.

the way to tell which implementation is right for you is to simply go to the
page of that particular function, there will be an Implementation section;
that quite clearly states " XSLT Template" and links to the XSLT
implementation.

any porting or submissions would be greatly appreciated..... though we are
admittedly leary of adding *yet another category* for specific processors or
environments other then what we have now; though i am certain we will take
all suggestions seriously.

HTH, jim fuller