Re: error in javascript, that is generated from xsl

[Shailesh Valvaikar]

> Thanks Tom, for pointing the errors.
> All these showed up due to lot of "trial and test" over the xsl.
> I had tried including the entities (" ...) without the CDATA section.
>
> I should have been more careful before posting.
>
> But the .xsl with hardcoded values also gives a problem.

What you need to do, as Mike Kay said, is to get the OUTPUT from the
transformation, changed that so it works, and then adjust your stylesheet to
produce that same result.  You cannot expect to debug it by looking at the
stylesheet and trying to guess what it might be producing.

As for the latest version you posted,  it gives an html page that contains
at least these two errors:

1) missing quote in

var tableData=new Array("A","B","C,"D");

2) Incorrect line wrap in comment:

// reset the current if it exceeds the min-max
values

2) is an example of that thread from yesterday about controlling the format
of your generated text.  See posts with the subject

Re: [xsl] NEWLINES

With these errors corrected, the thing sort of works, although the new
tables to be displayed are only there momentarily and all the cells say
"undefined"

I recommend using Mozilla because it gives better debugging information than
IE.  In any event, you have to get correctly working html/javascript code
first, then you have to make sure that your stylesheet produces what you
expect.  This is the wrong list to learn how to fix the javascript, and you
can't expect much help here unless you can determine what the transform
really produces compared with what you need to produce.

Tom P