This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: testing for child node and counting
- From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg dot heinicke at gmx dot de>
- To: <xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 00:36:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [xsl] testing for child node and counting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: xsl-list at lists dot mulberrytech dot com
> just found the answer to my questions...
> 1. <xsl:if test="./field_c">
> 2. <xsl:value-of select="count(Orders/Row/field_c)"/>
1. Look for the shorter version, but it's correct.
2. It's not quite correct. It counts all field_c in Row, so if a Row has
more than one field_c, your count goes wrong. You wanted to have the Rows
which have field_c, so it must be change it to Row[field_c] instead of
Row/field_c. But for your use case it works.
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list