Re: Re: Re: An issue with XPath 2.0 sequences (Was Re: RE: Muenchian method, and keys 'n stuff)

> That's very dangerous.  It means that if one were doing several different
> mapping operations from the same sequence the results could might be
> incorrectly aligned.

As things stand they will usually not be aligned, the sequence resulting
from running "for" over an input sequence is the flattened concatenation
of the sequences resulting from applying the body to each item of the
original sequence, so you have no indication of which result item
resulted from which input. If you need this (and I would have thought
that you normally would) then you have to ensure that the body of the
for constructs an element node around each result so that you get a
predicatble sequence back. But then you have a  sequence of nodes rather
than a sequence of whatever type you originally wanted....

I think that this is just going to lead to massive user confusion.

David