RE: RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]

Trevor Nash wrote:
> >I did at one stage explore a different processing model in which
> there was a
> >single result tree, and xsl:document was treated as a serialization
> >directive to produce multiple serial output files from a single tree. But
> >that has complications too, and we abandoned it.
>
> Pity that: it is a real pain to have to effectively write the same
> stylesheet logic twice in order to extract things like table of
> contents information as well as the main output document.
>
> Its not just the implied performance hit, its the maintainability of
> such a beast.

I don't follow you. Mike wasn't suggesting that we abandoned
xsl:result-document, but just the approach that treats it as a serialization
directive (rather than, for example, a first-class document-node
constructor). I don't see how this has anything to do with the
maintainability of stylesheets... Am I missing something? That's always
possible :-)

Evan