RE: RE:read-write same url in xslt 2 [was appendig to multiple output files]

>>why does it have to be an error? it works with Saxon if you're using
>>version="1.1"
>>
>How do you mean 'works' ?

I mean works in that it does ouput the same document that was read into the
parameter, with the appended nodes.

>>Summary- its a mistake to do this, even if it appears to work for a
>>particular processor.
I agree that I didn't think this out well enough to realize that in some
cases one would get errors, I just sent another post on that. I have a
philosophical disagreement there, if it works with a particular processor it
isn't a mistake to do this, it's just a processor specific application. a
processor specific application that's permanently challenged in the area of
forward compatibility as pointed out by Michael Kay when he noted if he were
change Saxon's processing order, the stylesheet would cease to 'work'.

I also pointed out in the other post that I could obviously do it with
saxon:next-in-chain, I'm supposing that this would then give a solution that
worked, processor specific again, at a cost of some extra code. The thing
I'm interested about is should there be some solution for xslt 2.0 that
allowed doing something like this?