Re[2]: appendig to multiple output files

Hello,

I'm new to this list and rather new to XML/XSL too.

I'm now designing a production chain, from raw text to all kind of
formatted outputs, and my idea is to create a XML file somewhere on
this chain.

I have problems about how to manage footnotes in this text. Could
somebody point me to a Web page or archive where such matter is
already handled? Does somebody has an idea on how to format the XML?

Ideally, we would have

<text>
blahblahblah
<note>Text of the note</note>
blahblahblah
</text>

The problem is that we would like to have a transformation giving

blahblahblah* blahblahblah
--
* Text of the note

Does this ring a bell?