Re: Re: A question about the expressive power and limitations of XPath 2.0

David,

>> We would have to address here the problem that Marc pointed out to do
>> with how repeated subexpressions are captured...
>
> probably you'd just have to do whatever perl does with the meaning of
> numbered subterms that are repeated.

Apparently that's "capture the last one". So if you had:

  match('bar', '(.){3}')

then the first subexpression would have the value 'r'.

I can see why that's the case - otherwise you wouldn't be able to
predictably access matched subexpressions after that one by number.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison