Re: Parameter substitution

>My task, (you guessed it) is to replace each %1, %2 etc.. with a string
>built from the correspondong ErrorParameter

Step one is to write an element instead of %1 - something like
   <arg n="1"/>
that will make your life a whole lot easier.

Not allowed to change the XML ?  Well, you can do it using some quite
messy recursive string-handling templates.  Fortunately if you look a
month or two back in the archive of this list you will find someone
has already most done the work for you.  But its still easier to get
the XML right first if you can.

Trevor Nash
--
Traditional training & distance learning,
Consultancy by email

Melvaig Software Engineering Limited
voice:     +44 (0) 1445 771 271
email:     tcn@melvaig.co.uk