JSP 'XML-like' syntax isn't totally (was RE: symbols < and > in attribute)

Unfortunately, the XML-like syntax for JSP is not *always*
identical. Doesn't look like it affects this example, but
there is at least one situation where you can't use the
XML-like syntax in JSP: <%@include file="URI" %> is not
functionally equivalent to <jsp:include file="uri"/>.

My limited understanding is that the first construct is
compiled in the JSP before execution while the latter
is a run-time include and this can affect performance.
(Please don't strike with lightening here -- I'm quoting
someone who knows JSP, not speaking out of personal
understanding :)

So, if you're stuck in a situation where the XML-like syntax
doesn't work, there is a third alternative *if* you are
using a processor that supports disable-output-escaping --
to treat the entire line for the start-tag *and* the line
for the end-tag for the node using JSP variables as a text
string. It isn't elegant, but it does work (having had
precisely this same problem).

You end up with things that look like this in your templates:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<body class="helpBodyText"
<%=bodyAttributes%>>]]>
</xsl:text>

or like this:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<%@include
file="/communities/ebiz/inc/vars.jsp" %>]]></xsl:text>

Sara