Re: Welcome comments: White spaces in HTML pages from XSLT

> I ever posted the initial version in some other list
> and got some very informative feedback. I hope that
> gurus here can give some valuable comments and improve
> my understanding on the problem.

It's a better than the first version, but still it doesn't really say
what the "problem" is that is being addressed, or rather, why you think
there is a problem. If you use indent="no" in xsl:output then you have
complete control over all character data that is generated in the
result, either copied from the source or from the stylesheet.
Really there is very little difference in controlling which characters
get output whether they are white space or visible. certainly for
characters like 'nbsp' (#160) about which much of this document
is based, there is _no_ difference between ways to output that character
and ways to output, say, 'a'. There are some differences in outputting
real xml white space (#9, #10, #13, #32) but that only really requires
a comment about correct use of xsl:space.

David