RE: Q on ISO TimeDate convertion

Julian Reschke writes:
 > Really?
 >
 > That would convert 12:30 to 0:30PM, right?

It would, but that would be wrong.  I forgot that the hour from 0:00
to 0:59 is an exception.  Those times would be 12:00am to 12:59am.

 > [How about a discussion why the U.S. is so far behing Europe in using
 > standard units / formats? :-)]

I write dates in ISO format now, at least when they are intended to be
machine processed, though most everyone here doesn't.

I remember being fond of the metric system when they taught it to us
in school.  Since then, more practical experience has demonstrated to
me the utility of a system in which it is easy to take halves,
and quarters, and, to a limited extent, thirds.

I do have a few friends that have trained themselves to think in terms
of MKS units, but they don't do much work with their hands.

I do keep my watch in 12 hour mode (though mostly I keep the date in
that display), but then I have one of the few digital watches that has
an analog face so that it's easy to tell the time.