Re: "*|@*|text()" vs. "node()"

Thanks for your reply. This makes the problem clearer. With my
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()"> the attributes won't be selected. My
stylesheet works again with select="node()|@*".

But when will <xsl:template match="@href"> be selected? This now creates an
"attribute-node" without an element, which causes the error message.

You can try it out with Xalan. The message is misleading: href HAS not an
illegal attribute, href IS an illegal attribute.

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG