RE: Traversing a XML tree multiple times

Jeroen,
I'm not sure exactly what you want to do without a specific example but
you can easily transform the same tree multiple times. Say the top level
element of your xml is "root"
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/root" />
    ...do something
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/root" />
You said you want to make a different selection the second time
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/root/*[some predicate]" />
    ...do something
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/root/*[some other predicate]" />
You can also use modes
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/root" />
    ...do something
    <xsl:apply-templates select="/root" mode="createIndex">
So that only templates with the createIndex mode attribute are selected.
The posibilities are many.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml