Re: Only copy nodes that have text at some point in the tree

>Doesn't xsl:value-of look for the first text content all the way down the
>whole branch?

This still only checks the current node.  I need to be able to traverse
down the tree and remove empty elements from any child node as well.
Matt

                    "Thomas B.
                    Passin"              To:     xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
                    <tpassin@mitret      cc:     (bcc: Matthew J. Youngblut/US-Corporate/3M/US)
                    ek.org>              Subject:     Re: [xsl] Only copy nodes that have text at some point in
                                           the tree
                    09/28/2001
                    05:17 PM
                    Please respond
                    to xsl-list

[<mjyoungblut@mmm.com>]

> This takes care of all of the product nodes, but what about the
> <Grandchild> node for <Product NodeID='C'>?  This should also be removed.
> Is there a recursive way of solving this problem?

Doesn't xsl:value-of look for the first text content all the way down the
whole branch?  If so, you could test like this:

<xsl:variable name='is-there-any-text'>
    <xsl:value-of select='.'>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:if test='$is-there-any-text !=""'>....</xsl:if>

Sorry all those quotes are hard to read, just get them to nest right.

Cheers,

Tom P