Re: Problems passing attributes

If you *always* want to emit a border attribute, and you *always* want it to
be a numeric value (not null), here's an easy way:

<xsl:template match="table">
        <xsl:if test="@border != ''"><!-- if attribute exists and is
non-null -->
            <xsl:attribute name="border">
                <xsl:value-of select="@border"/><!-- use it's value -->
            </xsl:attribute>
        </xsl:if>
        <!-- do the table thing -->
</xsl:template>

The last attribute specified in the literal result element takes precedence
if the same attribute name is used more than once.

If you only want to emit a border attribute when a non-null one is specified
on input, just leave the 'border="0"' out of the literal result element
begin tag.

If you don't care about emitting null border attributes, this is the most
compact:
        <!-- do the table thing -->

Have fun,
--Paul