RE: "<" output problems

> I have problems to output a "<" and ">".

Some questions:
- are you trying to output XML, or some other format?
- are the "<" and ">" you want to output markup characters, or ordinary text
characters?

Assuming that you are writing XML, then presumably the "<" and ">" are
intended as markup, otherwise you would want them written as "&lt;" and
"&gt;". In this case you should not be writing characters from your
stylesheet, you should be writing element nodes which are turned into markup
when the result tree is serialized.

You can "cheat" by writing
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;</xsl:text>

But it's not recommended, and it's hardly ever needed by people who have
mastered XSLT. That's partly because it won't always work, and partly
because it breaks the design philosphy of the language, which is that an
XSLT transformation produces a tree, not a serial file as its output.

Mike Kay