How to use an XML-based LUT with XSLT?

Hello folks,

I've written a XSL document to transform XML into XHTML (yes, that's a big
surprize!).  The document contains some error codes and I'd like to
transform these numerical codes into an actual human-readable message so I
built a small XML document as follow :

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<Table>
	<Message Code="...">User-friendly error message</Message>
</Table>

Now I'd like to change my XSLT so I could look-up into the Table to
substitute numerical error codes by text messages with something like :

<xsl:value-of select="/Table/Message[@Code=ActualErrorCode]"/>

Now the question is how do I "link" this table to my input DOM so I can
reach the Message elements from within my XSLT?  Is there any possibility
to that with plain XSLT? (I don't want to use any engine-dependant
extensions)

Maybe should I make a <xsl:choose>-based template matching the elements
containing these codes?

Thanks in advance,

Xavier Defrang
Perceval R&D Team