RE: Re: XSLT and parallel processing

> Hello developers, is there a single XSLT processor that will
> make use of a
> multiprocessor platform in executing a transformation?

I think if there were, we'd know about it.

The design challenge, of course, is making sure that the synchronisation
overheads don't swamp the gains. A common experience with parallel execution
is that only 30% of the run time turns out to be parallelisable - for
example, it's hard to see how you could do the XML parsing, tree building,
and result tree serialisation in parallel.

Mike Kay