Re: Redirect XML to Excel

I'm not so sure about how on topic this is.

If you want to launch Excel from a browser the
general approach is to use a browser specific preferences
setting to make the association. You may also need to
configure the mime types in your server, (if that is
possible in your situation) or go through an
intermediate CGI script which will send a mime type
to trigger the launch of Excel.

In any case it isn't really an XSL question, unless
you intend to transform your XML into comma-separated-file
using an XSLT transformation.

ward.ct@pg.com wrote:

> Has anyone every tried this?  What I want to do is when the user loads the XML
> file, it redirects to a specific Excel file.  This Excel file will then use
> macros to load this XML data into a formatted spreadsheet.
>
> I know this goes against everything we talk about here with XSL sheets, but my
> users don't want to give up there Excel functionality.  Thanks for your support.

Mitch.Amiano (@alcatel.com)
SW Development Engineer
Advance Design Process Group, Raleigh Engineering Services     Alcatel
USA